Monday, February 22, 2010

Long Time No Type

Wow, it has been a LONG time since I posted anything. But, in my defense, a lot has happened. I was pregnant, due December 23, but was put off work the week before Thanksgiving due to gestational hypertension with a risk of pre-eclampsia. Nicholas stayed put until making his induction-led arrival on December 13, 2009 at 6:06 am. Since then, I've been learning the way of the new parent. When I cooked, it was primarily things that I've tried before.

Until recently. At my 6-week checkup I got the go-ahead that all was well, except my blood pressure. So I decided I would blow the dust off my old Weight Watchers materials and hit the kitchen again. But when it comes to eating healthy, I have one rule: I don't want it to taste like I'm eating healthy. That means no poached fish or grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Give me flavor. Give me taste. Give me cheese! So while these recipes won't give you 4 Point dinners, they will keep your taste buds satisfied.

No comments: